Jurnal Teknovasi : Jurnal Teknik dan Inovasi (pISNN: 2355 - 701X, eISNN: 2540 - 8389) is a reviewed journal published by LPPM Politeknik LP3I Medan. This statement describes the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the process of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, chief editor, Editorial Board, reviewers and publishers.
The statement of the code of ethics for publication is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process in the Technovation journal, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Committee on Publication Ethics which has been adopted in the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications. In essence, the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications is to uphold three ethical values in publications, namely (i) neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications, (ii) fairness, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to become authors; and (iii) honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
implementation of the ethics of publication in scientific journals:
Duties and Responsibilities of Technological Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties to a contract.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, whether for contributing researchers, writers, editors, or review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review journal policies and present them to authors, editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create behavioral code guides for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing, and
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Technological Journal Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when needed
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, review partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an ethical clearance form that has been approved by the ethical clearance commission
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics
- Assessing the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewers and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions
- Do not defend your own opinion, the author, or a third party that may result in an unobjective decision, and
- Encouraging writers to improve their writing so that it is worthy of publication.
Bestari Partner Duties and Responsibilities (Peer-Reviewer)
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the written work and submit the study to the editor as material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published
- Not reviewing written works that involve him, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the confidentiality of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations on the manuscripts he has reviewed
- Encouraging writers to improve their manuscripts
- Reviewing the written work that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards, and
- Reviewing manuscripts in a timely manner according to the style of the journal environment and based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, drawing conclusions, etc.).
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that those who are included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of manuscripts/articles which include methods, analysis, calculations, and details
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly
- Explain the limitations of the research
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner
- Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work, and
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.